Morning Roundup: May 5, 2016
Wednesday night was one Northwestern fans would probably like to forget. The baseball and softball teams each traveled to Chicago-based schools, UIC and DePaul respectively, and both lost in walkoff fashion.
- Melissa Haniff takes you through the softball loss, which endangered the team’s chances at an NCAA Tournament bid.
- Max Gelman recaps the baseball loss, putting the game in the context of a season filled with losing.
- In our next installment of ‘Curtain Call’, Mike Marut profiles women’s tennis senior Alicia Barnett and her growth through tough losses on and off the court.
- Dan Waldman previewed the lacrosse team’s opening Big Ten Tournament match, which is taking place in Evanston this year.
- Joe Wilkinson takes a look at the women’s golf team and its chances on advancing past the NCAA Regionals.
- More Wildcats won awards, and even more Wildcats were selected for tournaments.
And here’s a look at Thursday’s back page: