Morning Roundup: May 12, 2016
With most Northwestern teams beginning their postseason tournaments this weekend, we’ve started our preview coverage at The Daily. Here’s what you should know…
- Melissa Haniff takes a look at the softball Big Ten Tournament and how the Wildcats are thankful for their first-round bye.
- Mike Marut and Robbie Markus discuss the women’s tennis team’s chances in the weekend NCAA Regionals.
- Garrett Jochnau and Benjy Apelbaum debate where this year’s men’s tennis team ranks in the annals of Northwestern history
- Sophie Mann previews the cross country meet this weekend in nearby Naperville, Illinois.
- Three football start times were announced Wednesday morning, including the Wildcats’ homecoming game.
- Four softball players earned all-Big Ten honors, with Andrea Filler and Amy Letourneau taking home first team awards.
- The grandson of Lou Malnati of the famous pizzeria chain walked on to the men’s basketball team, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- Men’s golfer Dylan Wu qualified for the U.S. Open sectional qualifier, in addition to a volunteer assistant coach.
- Former NU soccer star Joey Calistri made his first career MLS start Wednesday night.
And here’s a look at Thursday’s back page: