Northwestern sports had a busy weekend. Let’s catch you up to speed…
- Two Wildcats were drafted by NFL teams on Saturday. Dean Lowry was taken by the Green Bay Packers and Dan Vitale was selected by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
- Additionally, Deonte Gibson and Traveon Henry each signed as undrafted free agents, Gibson with the Detroit Lions and Henry with the Buccaneers.
- Per coach Pat Fitzgerald on Twitter, wide receiver Miles Shuler and quarterback Zack Oliver were each invited to tryouts with NFL teams as well. Shuler will work out with the New York Giants while Oliver will get a shot with Washington.
- Dan Waldman recapped a crucial win for the lacrosse, keeping the team eligible for the NCAA Tournament.
- Benjy Apelbaum reviews a disappointing Big Ten Tournament loss for the men’s tennis team.
- Mike Marut discusses the women’s tennis team falling in the Big Ten Tournament as well.
- Bites from the weekend: Dean Lowry reacts to being drafted, Luke Donald visits Evanston, Selena Lasota notches hat trick
And here’s a look at Monday’s back page: