This past weekend was one of extreme highs and lows for Northwestern. The women’s golf team won its second-straight Big Ten Championship, men’s tennis set a new program record with 24 wins and softball earned a much-needed sweep. On the flipside, the lacrosse team dropped an important match to Penn State, putting a potential NCAA Tournament berth at risk, and baseball continued its Big Ten woes at home. What you need to know…
- Joe Wilkinson recaps what might be Northwestern’s next dynasty in the women’s golf team.
- Garrett Jochnau discusses a mixed bag of emotions for men’s tennis despite setting a new program record.
- Claire Hansen writes about the lacrosse team’s danger of missing the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2003.
- Mike Marut illustrates an emotional weekend for women’s tennis.
- Max Schuman explores the upcoming men’s basketball season, specifically regarding NU’s non-conference schedule.
- Bites from the weekend: Letourneau joins “Roof Club”, Football players sing national anthem.
Here’s a look at Monday’s front page, featuring the women’s golf team, and back page: